Monday, November 26, 2007

Thing #19. Explore any site from the Web 2.0 awards list, play with it and write a blog post about your findings.

I choose Marketing and the name of the application is iContact which would be a great tool to Market Queens Library and it would be great to get this tool for it represents the future of communication. It is easy to create, publish, and track email newsletters, surveys, blogs, autoresponders, and RSS feeds. iContact make it easy to create permission-based email marketing campaigns with high deliverability. They have a lot of clients with many members. I downloaded the free 15 day free trail and it is user friendly which is required by entry-level users. Icontact simplify communication because in the My Contacts column you can create My Lists, Add Contacts, Search My Contacts and My Segments. In the Create column you have My Messages, My Surveys, My Surveys and Image Library. In the Send column I can Sent Saved Messages, Send Saved Surveys, Enable Autoresponders, and View Messages Pending Delivery. The last column is Track where I can Track My Last Message, Track My Sent Messages, Track My Survey Results and Track My Autoresponders. With the free trial version I can send 1,500 messages to up to 250 subscribers. I can use any feature of the software, and free technical support is provided.

No comments: